June 4, 2016
Suzlon Group celebrates World Environment Day with green initiatives
- Suzlons global wind installations help in reducing 20.50 million tons of CO2 emissions anually
- Activities undertaken to encourage environmental awareness include emission (PUC) check drive for employees, cloth bag sale, free distribution of compost , expert lectures, sale of WWF products and movie screening
Pune, India: Suzlon Group, one of the leading renewable energy solutions providers in the world and pioneer of green energy in India, celebrates World Environment Day at its global headquarters, One Earth, Pune. To mark this day, a set of activties has been planned with the aim of enhancing awareness on environment protection. The activities planned include
- Emission (PUC) check drive for employees
- Cloth bag sale and free distribution of compost
- Expert lecture on Role of citizen in environmental conservation
- Movie screening to create awareness on climate change and its risks
- Sale of WWF products
An e-tree plantation drive will also be run throughout the month. Suzlon Group, with over 15,000MW of wind energy installations in across 17 countries, reduces 20.50 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. J.P. Chalasani, Group CEO, Suzlon said: At Suzlon, sustainability and a care for the environment is at the heart of our business. The green initiatives planned on World Environment Day mark another step towards fulfilling our larger goal of keeping the planet safe for future generations.
Since its inception, Suzlon has always ensured best practices in keeping the environment hazard-free, and worked on technological developments to further reinforce its care for the environment. Its this philosophy which is imbibed in its everyday operations and to which every employee adheres. The developments in clean and green technology in our production processes have further emphasized the organisations responsibility towards a greener future. Driven by the vision to power a greener tomorrow, Suzlon has leveraged its focus on technology to accelerate action against climate change.
Environment sustainability is at the core of Suzlon Groups philosophy with a vision to Power a greener tomorrow. Suzlon is contributing towards mitigating risks of climate change with its clean technologies and wind energy installations worldwide. The Group headquarters, One Earth, located in Pune, bears testimony to the Groups focus on environment sustainability. One Earth is LEED certified and one of the greenest corporate campuses in the world with Platinum level certification.